Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March is National Craft Month...

I keep seeing that all over the place- Celebrate National Craft Month, March is the month of Crafting... and I wonder what that means. I know it doesn't entail any recognized holidays where we are encouraged to take time off to be creative (I wish it did!)

When I began looking into it, I discovered that this is the 16th year that National Craft Month has been celebrated- which really surprised me since this was the first time I've really heard anything about it and I also found that there are 63 million! households that participate in some form of crafting each year.

Many people think of it as Spring Cleaning for their creativity. They gather up half-finished projects and complete them, take the time to learn a new craft or share their crafting skills in their community by teaching or donating crafted goods.

For me, it sounds like the perfect opportunity to get those Eclectica Project Bags out and put those pages together that I've been meaning to for months, get a head start on my Mother's Day gifts, and clean out my work area of things that I know I want to sell in this summer's Garage Sale. With an organized work area, the backlog of projects under control and a clear plan for my upcoming projects, I can enjoy shopping all the new product with a clear conscience. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to stay on top of my projects by carrying the spirit of National Craft Month into the rest of the year.

Tell me what your plans are for celebrating or recognizing National Craft Month. I'll choose a random comment at the end of the month from all listed and give away some goodies!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Took the Out of the Box class with the fabulous Liz last night! Gave me some great ideas to use up some of my scraps and got my "creative juices" flowing again....now if I only had an extra long weekend....

Note to self: look for more classes/workshops @ Eclectica!!

Chris said...

A girl can never have too much paper, too many embellishments, or tools. So I plan to add to my stash this month to celebrate National Craft Month. Thanks, Eclectica for offering the best available!

Anonymous said...

Was there a winner for the "National Craft Month..." goodies?